When it comes to loyalty, dog is the first choice of heart and mind. They not only give away the unconditional love but also tend to safeguard their owners from the hidden happenings of the world, through different means. Their devotion to the mankind is noteworthy. Unlike human beings, dogs have a keen sense of gratification for their master. They say if you feed a hungry dog it’ll be faithful to you for the rest of its life. Man is emotionally connected to his dog as both a friend and a family throughout his life.
Nutrition and health:
Food is the most basic necessity for survival and when it comes to animals, they tend to be more sensitive for the choice of food they are being served. The quality of food must not be compromised in any case. The first thing that comes to our mind when thinking about a good meal is that it should fulfill all the nutritional requirements. A complete and balanced diet is what makes a dog hale and hearty. When it comes to commercial food, the biggest drawback is, they contain unhygienic harmful substances that are injurious to health. They may deteriorate the physical as well as mental health of the dog. One should also provide variation in the routine diet of their dog. Balanced diet includes proteins; eggs and meat, starch, fruits, vegetables and grains.
Adverse effects of unhygienic diet:
Some of the fruits like grapes and raisin may cause kidney failure while the grains that include gluten effects adversely on their digestive system and may cause IBD (Inflammatory bowel disease). The use of low calorie food avoids diseases like obesity.
One of the easiest and most suitable homemade dog food recipes is Turkey with vegetables which include all the basic nutrients for the healthy growth of your pet dog.
- 5 cups of water
- 1 ½ pound of minced turkey
- 2 ½ cup of rice
- 2 Medium- size chopped carrots
- 1 cup of finely chopped green beans
- 3 tsp of fish oil
- ½ cup of peas
- Add oil to the pan and cook the minced meat for 3 minutes over medium heat
- Mix cooked meat, rice and water in a deep pot and bring it to boil
- Keep the stove heat to minimum and cook for an addition of 15 minutes until the rice is tender
- Now add carrots, green beans, peas and cook all the ingredients for 10 more minutes
- Dish it out and let it rest for a while
- Serve it to your dog
- Store the excessive amount of food or leftovers in the fridge for up to 6 days
Avoid using heavy oil for frying the meat else the high fat content in the oil may upset your dog’s metabolic system.
Rather than spending a great amount of money on purchasing market food, the above recipe can be prepared within a few minutes and is much affordable and cheap.