Pets do know the tactics to reveal their emotions. During your tenure with your dog, you might see the springs of happiness, sorrow, depression, and aggressiveness revealed by your dog. When dogs fall into depression, this condition can incur some very negative effects on its health. Depression in pets is basically known as Pet blues. It can occur due to various reasons for instance: death of a companion dog, change in residence, change in weather, or clinical depression. If your pet is constantly falling into pet blues then these ways to help your pet shake sadness are going to turn it into happy and joy-filled pet.
How to help your pet cope with pet blues?
- Try to engage your pet in new and unique activities. It’s much better if you engage your pet in outdoor activities because outdoor activities not only require your pet to use its mental capabilities but they also require your pet to use its physical abilities. Try to play different and unique outdoor games with your pet or you can also try taking your dog or cat for a long walk to the green areas or a nearby hill. If you love to ride bicycle then taking your dog out for a ride with your bike might be quite healthy for it.
- You can also introduce your dog or cat to balance on different items. This is known as balancing act and it has helped a lot of pets in coping with the depression.
- Creating a treasure hunt sort of expedition inside your house or within the boundaries of your house is going to be quite adventurous for your pet. This will keep your pet’s mind occupied with finding new and new things hidden within the house. Not only will it improve your pet’s observatory skills but your pet will also find this activity quite interesting. You can conduct this activity by hiding various toys or eating goodies inside the house.
- You can also teach them something new. Dogs and cats can easily get out of depression if you keep their mind occupied on something new. Just invent any different or unique activity and teach it to your pet. If you are unable to find something new then you can also re-teach the old activity but try to make the teaching duration more fun and more unique for your pet.
- Massage can also help release tension and getting rid of depression. Well we are not talking about you but your pet. Yup you can also release your pet from the pet blues with the help of providing it with a relaxing and soothing body massage. Just sit near your pet and try massaging its back and shoulders with delicate hands. You can also provide this massage after providing your pet with a hot bathe.
- Sometimes dogs face the issue of depression or pet blues because they have encountered the death of a close friend or companion. In such a condition, if your dog is unable to control its sadness then you need to make your dog socialize with other dogs by taking it to any pet store or nearby park.
These above mentioned ways are going to be quite helpful for you and your pet. While following these ways, you must keep in mind that the biggest therapy for your pet is to make your presence felt. If you provide a part of your daily routine to your little buddy while playing with it then you are definitely going to see an improvement.