Does your dog fall ill on frequent basis without any reason? Here we have the answer to this question. Your dog does not fall ill without any reason. There is always a reason and most important reason in this regard is of safety. If hygiene and safety are not under consideration then your pet can easily fall ill. Normally, it is seen that we human beings always focus on our own health but we don’t pay attention to the health of your pets while cooking food for them. Here we are doing very wrong to them because we do not have any right to make anyone ill. It is also seen that we cook a perfect as well as prescribed food for our dog but still he falls ill. It is so because we did not focus on the hygiene while we were cooking food for the pet. Same is the case with preparing as well as storing of dog food.
There are so many important points that all dog owners can keep in their minds in order to consider hygiene and food safety for pet’s cooking. By considering all these important points your dog will remain safe and at the same time healthy. Let us have a look at all these important things:
- It is extremely necessary to wash hands before and after cooking food for your pet. You can use soap and scrub for this purpose. Cleansing under the nails is also very important. If you do not go for this then your pet will soon experience some health issues.
- While preparing dog meals, use a chopping board that is clean in all senses. Try to have two chopping boards. One is for your use and second one is for the pet’s use. Cut or chop the meal for pet on this specific board and keep it clean all the time.
- Clean benches along with other utensils on regular basis. Hot dishwasher cycle is considered as very ideal for this purpose.
- There is no need to use utensils when you are about to give raw food to your pet. Use utensils only when you have to cook food for dog.
- Some dog owners use to give eggs to their pets. So make sure that there is no cracked or dirty egg.
- Internal temperature is best for the cooking of food for dogs.
- If you have kept the dog food in freezer or refrigerator then heat it every time before serving to the pet. Heat it until the meal is steaming.
- If you are using a microwave in order to heat the food then it would be better to cover the meal so that meal could be cooked properly.
- Sulphur is regarded as bad enough for dogs so you should avoid all those things that contain sulphur in them. Cooked bones are on the top in this regard.
Overall, these points are very helpful if you are looking forward for the safety in terms of your dog. Follow these useful tips and get rid of all major as well as minor health concerns of your dog for sure.