It is said that dogs love to eat chicken in their everyday meals. If your dog is among one of them then he will definitely love these jerky treats. Making these jerky treats for dogs is not difficult at all as these are very easy to make in a very short period of time. Now a question raises that what basically jerky is? Jerky is a lean meat and is regarded as a very cheap as well as great treat for pets. Almost all dog owners use to make these jerky treats for their dogs. You can make these treats very easily at home.
You just have to consider good hygiene and other safety precautions in your mind while preparing these treats for your pets. Wash your hands with a perfect soap before starting. Make sure that your meat is also clean and perfect in all senses. Cleansing of dishwasher as well as chopping boards is also very important in this regard.
There are so many ways to make jerky treats dog snacks. Here we are going to point out the most simple and easy way to do so.
Meat (preferably chicken breast)
Equipments for cooking:
Baking tray and wire rack
- First of all preheat your oven
- Place wire rack over the baking tray. If you place foil’s layer on this baking tray then it will be best for the clean-up purpose.
- Place the chicken on cutting board and slice it. Make sure that all slices are 3mm thick. If your chicken is frozen then it will be very easy to slice them with the help of a sharp knife.
- Now place all chicken strips or slices on wire racks. Place them in a way so that all slices of chicken do not touch each other.
- Cook the chicken for almost 2 hours. After 2 hours, turn the pieces of chicken over and then cook them again for 2 hours.
- After the completion of 4 hours, turn the oven off. Allow the chicken or you can say jerky to cool for some time in oven. Make sure that all pieces of chicken are dry. It is so because dry pieces are very easy to snap off.
- Serve this jerky to your pooch. You can also store it for some days. For storing, place the jerky in a container (air tight container). You can also go for vacuum sealing for the storing of jerky. You can store it for almost one month. You just need to reheat it before every serving.
- There is no specific baking time for this treat because of the oven differences. So, you should not stick to one degree. Cook it according to your oven’s temperature.
- Freeze the chicken for perfect cutting. Cutting of frozen chicken with the help of a sharp kitchen knife will be very easy for you.